- 2 cups Avocados (it’s about 3 avos total)
- 1 cup Cocao Powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup soaked dates
- pinch sea salt
- maple syrup to sweeten
- boiling water
- Take your 1/2 cup of pitted dates and soak them in the boiling water first to soften. Let that sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the avocados, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sea salt in a good processor and process until smooth. (hint, you can use some of the soak water from the dates if you need some extra liquid)
- Scoop the mixture out of the food processor into a bowl.
- Place the dates and some of the soak water into the same food processor and start processing – you want this mixture to turn very smooth so add in a small amount of water at a time to keep it moving. Once the mixture is smooth, add the avocado mixture back in and process until well incorporated.
- You may need to add additional sweetener depending on how strong the avocados taste. This should taste like chocolate pudding. Let it chill and enjoy! Oh, and top it with cacao nibs and coconut shreds.
From: CH pure Culinary – Chocolate: Coleen Heidecker