- 4oz Arborio Rice
- 3oz White Cheedar Cheese
- 1/4 Butternut Squash
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1oz Cream
- 1/2oz butter
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into 1-inch pieces.
- Peel and medium dice the yellow onion.
- In a large pot, heat the butter over medium high until melted. Add the yellow onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the butternut squash, arborio rice, and 1 3/4 cups of water. Season with salt and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 18-20 min, until tender but still firm to bite.
- Off heat, gently fold in the cream and white cheddar cheese. Cover and set aside for 1 min to melt.
From: Chef’s Plate